Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas with lots of good food and drink! The past week I've been sick so I watched a ton of Christmas movies - and I'll try to watch a few more before the year is out. Here's a list of new and old classics I've seen this year:

1) It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - the ultimate classic and a must-see
2) Miracle on 34th Street (1947) - Edmund Gwenn is the most convincing Santa ever
3) Christmas in Connecticut (1945) - sweet and hilarious, this is going on my list of favorite movies
4) The Shop Around the Corner (1940) - the original of "You've Got Mail"; this is the only one where I would prefer the remake, but still worth watching
5) The Bishop's Wife (1947) - the original of "The Preacher's Wife", it was nothing super exciting
6) Babes in Toyland (1934) - cute and with lovely songs, but I want to watch the remakes as the plots are different for each one
7) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) - I kinda fell asleep watching this one
8) How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) - short animated TV classic, I want to see the year 2000 remake
9) Frosty the Snowman (1969) - another animated classic which is good for kids
10) Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1970) - It's narrated by Fred Astaire, whom I love, but I didn't like this movie...I wouldn't choose to watch this again on my own
11) Elf (2003) - I surprisingly liked this one!
12) Barbie in a Christmas Carol (2008) - I ♥ Barbie! And unlike their other movies, they don't sing in this one! (I must be the only one that finds those songs annoying and distracting from the plot)
13) A Garfield Christmas Special (1987) - I love the cast's voices in this funny animated show
14) A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) - My all-time favorite Christmas movie, and I love the soundtrack.
15) A Christmas Story (1983) - Another must-see for the holidays, Ralphie is a cutie!
16) This Christmas (2007) - Not bad and good if you like Chris Brown

Before the year is out, I will watch:
1) Bad Santa (2003)
2) The Ref (1994)
3) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
4) The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
5) Trapped in Paradise (1994)

Other Christmas movies I've seen in the past that I can remember off the top of my head:
1) Home Alone (1990)
2) The Santa Clause (1994)
3) Scrooge (1951)
4)
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

5) Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001)
6) Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (1964)

So if you don't have anywhere to go, these movies should keep you busy! I'm sure there's more which I can't remember at the moment. All I need is some hot dark chocolate...too bad I just finished my Thomas Haas Dark Chocolate mix last week.


No comments: