Friday, January 30, 2009

Gong hay fat choy!!! REVIEW Dr Jart & BRTC Gold Caviar BB Cream

So I've been MIA for awhile...spending my days recovering from late nights partying...yeah you could say I'm not being productive but I don't really care right now. Live in the moment and have fun!!! Well I got sick (serves me right I guess) and had to attend family functions over the four-day Chinese New Year holiday.

I've been trying to sort out things to keep or toss while I've been sick at home the past few days. I wanna keep everything though!! And I got a fucking ton of shoes, which distracts me because I just start trying them on and walking around instead of packing. I gotta kick my ass into high gear and get my shit together otherwise I'm gonna have to postpone leaving haha.. which will be kinda stupid since I got into a tiff with the people at Asia miles and went into a funk where I just wanted to self-medicate with alcohol every day. Exaggerated? I think not!

Even though I'm not one for New Year resolutions, I have a few at the back of my mind that I would like to achieve/fulfill:

1) Get a better cam to take pictures and learn how to use it properly (I'm a horrible photographer)
2) Find a job that I enjoy and makes me happy, not just go back into accounting/finance for money. Life is NOT all about money... although I have expensive taste. :(
3) Improve my makeup skills and learn more about it. I mentioned before my mom was a makeup artist (she was professionally trained and everything) and she has carts and carts full of makeup that I should experiment with when I'm back in Vancouver. She saw the eye look I did in my last post (not from this blog LOL) and started telling me about color charts and that I should take lessons, etc. Even though she acts like a teenager, she nags like a mother!
4) Find true love? Or have a good time playing around =P ahaha...
5) Be more careful with spending (doing really well so far!)

REVIEW: DR JART & BRTC GOLD CAVIAR BB CREAMS
I previously gave an overview on BB creams in December, and here is the review FINALLY. I haven't opened the BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair (middle) so I'm only going to review the other two.
DR JART BLACK LABEL (For dry skin)
I remember the first time I tried it, I put on WAY too much and my skin had this grey tinge to it. If I could give any advice, it's to use a GOOD moisturizer and use SPARINGLY. I think this stuff is gonna last me a long time cuz I don't wear it every day... but I really love it!! It's not too dark and does help give that flawless look! But I get so paranoid about washing it off cuz I've heard of people breaking out with some BB creams. I use DHC Cleansing Oil followed by Spectro Gel cleanser. Even if I get home from clubbing at 7 or 8 am, I still drag my ass to the washroom to clean it off...whereas I cheat if I'm wearing mineral foundation and just sleep in my makeup sometimes. (I KNOW, it's the ULTIMATE SKIN SIN!) My friend M swears her skin has improved, but I don't notice much of a difference cuz I didn't have any major problems to begin with and I don't wear it every day. I definitely would buy this again!

Active ingredients: It didn't say on the box, but it's some good shit for real.

BRTC GOLD CAVIAR
I didn't like this one that much. It's darker than Dr Jart and is pinkish which doesn't seem that natural to me. My friend bought it for her mom and both her mom and my stepmom both like it, but for me, it didn't go on as smoothly and the color just puts me off even though I guess you can't really tell after it sinks in anyway. Maybe it's something suitable for more mature women since it has anti-aging caviar??

Active ingredients: (from the back of the box) Arbutin, Adenosine, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caviar extract 1.5%, White Gold Substance 0.01%, Human Oligo Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Green tea Extract

See what I mean about blurriness??

CHANEL, ANYONE?
If you or anyone you know is interested, I have some 100% authentic Chanels I'm willing to part with and will ship internationally. Leave a comment and I'll post pictures, prices, etc. Payment will be settled through Paypal.

-Dark navy patent east west with silver chain (used twice)
-Bordeaux caviar GST with silver chain (brand new)
-Distressed leather modern chain (before they changed to the plasticky leather) - used a few times
-Large black cerf (executive) tote with mademoiselle lock - gently used
-Khaki (bronze) baby cabas (brand new)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi miss p. Am interested in ur chanel gst. how much? want 2009 navy blue but bordeaux is ok =) how much?

Miss P said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for your interest. I decided not to sell that one because it`s a rare color and Chanel keeps raising their prices. :( I`m still on the hunt for the red jumbo!